Q: How much do mechanics charge to fix a blown head gasket on a 1996 BMW

How much do mechanics charge to fix a blown head gasket on a 1996 BMW

Hey there. You are looking at a minimal charge just to remove the head and install the head with a new gasket to be 9.0 hours. There is always additional charges like disassembly of cylinder head to prepare to go to a machine shop for resurfacing head and then reassembly, so you will likely have a machine shop service charge. With additional items that are likely related, such as changing timing chains, water pumps, thermostats, oil and filters, coolant, and any other filters, you may be looking at 15 hours labor plus parts and machine shop charges.

3. How much do mechanics charge to fix a blown head gasket on a 1996 BMW