Where is the theft system located cavalier alarms 2001 l...

Q: Where is the theft system located

asked by on October 21, 2016

We need to know where the theft system is our car won't start we need find the wire to it

The theft system of your vehicle is usually located in the steering column. This is due to the fact that the ignition switch is in this location and one of the major functions of the security system is to disable the ignition in the event of a break in. I would recommend looking up a diagram of the theft system to verify its location. The steering column trim will likely require removal in order to access the theft system. Theft systems are best serviced by qualified professionals as high quality scan tools are usually required for the diagnosis and repair of these systems.