Q: Why does my Murano make a rattling noise only at the beginning when I start the vehicle?

My car makes a car or rattling noise that lasts about 2 minutes then goes away. It is not loud but it worries me. What could it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically on cold starts, the vehicle struggles at first to lubricate all of the engine components with the thick oil. As the engine heats up the oil thins out and becomes the viscosity the engine desires. Make sure the oil in the vehicle is topped off, clean, and a good oil for your car in winter conditions. If the issue continues or gets worse, you have a little more reason to be worried. If you feel the need to have it inspected, look into the valves and camshaft. For further help testing or resolving the rattling, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Why does my Murano make a rattling noise only at the beginning when I start the vehicle?