Q: will 2003 Saab 93 convertible ecu shut off engine if low oil pressre, some articles say yes some say no.,

My 2003 saab 9-3 convertible's oil pressure light came on then car turned off while driving. Some articles say some cars ecu/ecm will shut of engine with low oil pressure before major damage, others say not so and that, engine will just seize up if you keep driving. Does anyone know if a 2003 saab 9-3 convertible has such an automatic shut-off feature?

thanks

Your vehicle will not shut down automatically if oil pressure or the level of oil is low. The owner’s manual states that the vehicle must be turned off manually (and quickly) if either circumstance occurs. Please note, the instant the engine shuts off, pressure drops to zero. In fact, the engine may have shut down first and the appearance of the warning light was so quick that you interpreted the sequence as "pressure drop, engine cut off", when it was the reverse. In fact, you may have something as mundane as a fuel pump failure or a cam or crankshaft position sensor failure. If you request a no start diagnostic, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will perform the required diagnostic steps, and thence repairs, to get your car running properly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. will 2003 Saab 93 convertible ecu shut off engine if low oil pressre, some articles say yes some say no.,