Q: No rear lights

I had a trailer hitch hooked up. The wires burned up, and now there are no lights in the rear of my van.

A: Hello. Depending on how they wired the trai...

Hello. Depending on how they wired the trailer lights up, the wiring harness might need to be replaced. Some trailer lighting comes as an inline harness that plugs into the existing vehicle's wiring. This is the normally the best way to install trailer lights. If the harness gets damaged, you simply unplug it and reconnect the factory harness back together. Because the extent of the damage is unknown and how the wiring was done, I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic. The mechanic will be able to inspect the electric damage and see if the harness needs repair or replacing.