Q: Between 35-40 mph a harmonic vibration in car cabin

When I am driving between 35 and 80 mph I get a harmonic vibration in the cabin of the car. It lasts for about 35-40 miles. Even if I'm on a newly paved and level highway, it still occurs. The longer I drive, the less I can hear it. No matter what route I take, when going home I do not get the vibration or else it is very faint. This problem began around 4,000 miles ago and there had not been any changes made to the car. My car has 53,000 miles and my new tires have 10,000 miles on them. The dealership checked the rims of the wheels for being out of round. They rebalanced the tires twice. The vibration is extremely annoying and I need to find a solution. I'm thinking that it might be the transmission mount or the flex disk. Please give me your expert assessment and how it can be fixed.

Since it sounds like you have ruled out tires and tire balance, it’s time to start looking at other things. The problem could be the driveshaft or possibly a faulty wheel bearing. However, the fact that it goes away after awhile doesn’t really coincide with either of these theories. I suggest you have someone other than the dealership diagnose your vehicle’s vibration. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.

3. Between 35-40 mph a harmonic vibration in car cabin