Q: Engine misfiring in the sixth cylinder on a 2009 Ford Edge

My 2009 Ford Edge is getting engine misfiring in the cylinder number six and I recently changed the sparkplugs. When I try to get past 40, the car kicks before going higher. What do I have to do to fix this?

A: Misfires can be caused by many things, but ...

Misfires can be caused by many things, but at least you know it is in the cylinder number six. What I would try next is to swap the ignition coil from six to one, and one to six. If the misfire moves to one, you'll know that the ignition coil assembly is bad, so replace it. You can also do the same with the fuel injector. You can swap number six's injector with one's injector. If the misfire moves, you'll know that the fuel injector is bad.

You want to pray it's one of those because if it's not that, then it can often be the head gasket starting to blow, or you've got the problem with the computer wiring system not working right. However, commonly the problem is with the coil or fuel injector. I'd recommend having it looked at by a certified mechanic if your problem persists, they will be able to pinpoint and fix your misfiring engine.