Q: Check engine light on getting code P0462

Hello I bought a car with the check engine light on guy said it was O2 sensor. At first I got code P1448 and P0455 I fixed the evap leak those codes went away but before the mechanic did a smoke test to find out where the leak was coming from he did another dianogitic test and got code P0462. I never got that code until he did the test once I fixed the evap leak problem codes P1448 and P0455 went away he reset the system and took the light off. That same day I went to get gas and when I filled my tank up the light came back on my fuel level works fine to me it lets me know when I am low on gas and when my tank is fuel. I was told to replace the pump when the guy did a data test car on and fuel pump plugged up the number goes to 508voltz unplugged it's 0voltz when I plug my scanner up it says fuel level sensor a circuit low can you tell me what that means? Could i just replace the pump and the light goes off. I replaced gas cap already. I need to pass emissions. Please help

A: Replacing the pump will probably take care ...

Replacing the pump will probably take care of this.The fuel pump on your car is one of those integral in-tank units that has several functions including the fuel level sensor and the fuel tank pressure sensor. The fuel level sensor does more than just operate you gas gauge,the reason the sensor is important to the engine management system is because the car runs an active test on the evap system when the fuel is at a certain level. If you continue to drive with this code, you may get a few other codes because the evap test cannot run. The code is stored because the computer has seen a low voltage on the circuit. It doesn’t necessarily mean it sees that voltage right now. These self diagnostic systems can be mysterious and frustrate even the most experienced technician so you’re not alone if you don’t think it is making sense. If you want a second opinion, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office and check out your car or even replace your fuel pump for you.