Q: Cost to replace 1999 dodge Durango transmission

asked by on March 13, 2017

1999 dodge Durango transmission out car won't reverse looking for price range to fix

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The cost varies significantly from the 2WD version to the 4WD version. In any event, the possibility of an on car repair should be considered first. Also, depending on the condition of the transmission, it might be less expensive to rebuild the one you have versus installing a rebuilt one. Initially, to rule out a hydraulic fault, you can check for adequate line pressure, using external gauges, while in the various gear positions. If pressure is out of spec. you would then look at the valve body for leaks but it is also possible that a piston or accumulator is leaking. If line pressure is good, that would point to a mechanical fault such as a broken or loose band. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a transmission shift diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will diagnose the issue and give you a repair strategy and let you know of your options in terms of the costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.