Q: Timing belt issue - 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

I recently replaced my timing belt on my 1995 3000gt sl , i made sure all timing marks were on. car will turn over but will not start i notice the strike plate behind the camshaft sprocket is not in line with the timing mark on the sprocket could this be the problem? It will not start with starting fluid and it is getting spark joenovit@hotmail.com

Hi there - you don’t mention if you replaced the timing belt as preventative maintenance (a good thing!) or if the timing belt failed, requiring replacement (a bad thing). If it is the latter, you may have valve damage that is causing low compression on one or more cylinders. If this is the case, I would check compression to gauge how much damage might have been done. Otherwise, I would recommend having a no-start inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost for repairs.