Q: Q: engine codes

i was going to see my girl and my check engine light starts flashing so i had to turn around and go to pepboys to get the light checked.

multiple cylinder misfires from 2 and 4 bad o2 sensor and p0740 which is the torque clutch converter and the problem was "no revolutions per min drop at lockup"

please tell me what to do and approximately how much things like this could run

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for sending your question today. The code that is easier to identify is the P-0740 issue. What the P0740 code means is that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected something unusual within the torque converter clutch circuit. The powertrain control module can vary the application of the torque converter clutch for optimal vehicle performance. If the torque converter clutch application is abnormal (usually multiple times) the powertrain control module will trigger a Check Engine Light. The problem is that this could indicate a faulty electrical connection or that the torque converter is wearing out. With your Ram being 1997, I would lean towards this being a torque converter issue, as they typically wear out prior to 20 years of service. The misfires and O2 sensor fault are likely related, so replacing the faulty sensor and electrical harness may resolve this problem. It might be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine what repairs should be completed.

3. Q: engine codes