Q: What tools are needed to remove the exterior door handle?

asked by on September 06, 2016

I bought a new exterior door handle online cheap and I have already removed the door panel but am not sure what tools are needed to actually remove the broken handle? I'm a girl and am trying to learn to fix small problems myself. If I need something done I have to do it myself I've learned. Thanks in advance.

Hello. If you have successfully removed the interior door panel, then you are off to a good start. The only tools that should be required to replace the exterior door handle are a set of screwdrivers and a regular socket and ratchet set, with an extension. The door handle is held by a pair of 10mm bolts that require the disassembly of the door latch mechanism to access. Once the bolts are removed, the plastic clips that secure the linkage rods simply need to be undone and the handle will come out. Best of luck!