Q: Car suddenly won't crank or start, electrical components work - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL

I was driving the car yesterday and parked it for a short while, then I came back to continue driving. I put the key into the ignition, and tried to start the engine, but nothing happened. There was no clicking sound nor the sound of the engine turning over, no cranking. All the electrical components turned on in the car, so the battery surely isn't the issue. What could be causing this?

A: Hello. It sounds like the starter is faulty...

Hello. It sounds like the starter is faulty. When the starter does not activate or engage the flywheel, the car will not crank or start up. Typically, the starter solenoid goes out causing this problem, but the starter will need to be replaced to fix the problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting problem and have this repaired properly.