Q: The Battery Light came up on my dash. I lost power steering and have no cold AC. What should I do and how much is it to fix?

How far can I drive?

It sounds like you may have lost a drive belt. When the belt goes, so does the alternator, the power steering, and the air conditioner. You should not drive the car like this, as the engine may overheat. You may be able to get back on the road with a simple belt replacement, or you might find that one of the accessories or the tensioner has locked up, causing the belt to fail.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Battery Light is on and suggest the repairs necessary to get your car back in full working order.

3. The Battery Light came up on my dash. I lost power steering and have no cold AC. What should I do and how much is it to fix?