Q: Car chokes

The car feels like it chokes when I step on the gas pedal. It does not do it all the time, but lately it's more than usual.

A: Hesitation upon acceleration usually means ...

Hesitation upon acceleration usually means the air/fuel mixture is lean or that there is an ignition misfire under load. Any of these conditions should set a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) and turn on the Check Engine Light. Retrieving the DTC is the first place to step, since it provides a starting point for further analysis. Because your vehicle is turbocharged, the issue could very well be related to the turbo. I suggest having a professional technician with dedicated test equipment inspect your vehicle’s acceleration trouble to determine what repairs will be necessary.