Q: slightly rough idle only in drive position but the rpm needle doesnt move - i had the intake mainfold replaced already

asked by on October 13, 2017

slightly rough idle only in the drive position but the rpm needle does not move as if it idling weird - i had the intake manifold replaced already a few days ago - also vibration in the pedal which i think is coming from bad rotors in the front and rear hubs needing to be replaced - i need to know what could be going on with this very slight almost not noticeable idle only in the drive position - if in park or neutral it does not feel

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The vibration could be due to faulty motor mounts. To cover both that possibility, and the possibility that the vibration stems from an engine management fault, I would suggest that you request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved (again, regardless of "cause"). With regard to the pedal vibration on braking, yes, the typical cause is rotor thickness variation and/or rotor run out on the wheel hub. The mechanic can easily diagnose either condition using a dial indicator. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr