Q: Just bought a 2017 altima and I'm hearing a scraping sound when I step on the brakes what is wrong with my brand new car? And will

asked by on June 29, 2017

Just bought a 2017 altima and I'm hearing a scraping sound when I step on the brakes what is wrong with my brand new car? And will the car be protected under warranty

Hi there. I would seriously doubt that you have brake damage, but this is something that you should immediately bring to the attention of your Nissan dealership where the car was purchased. It’s possible that there is a leaf or some debris stuck in between a brake rotor and pad, but it should most definitely be covered under warranty within the first month or two of purchase.