Q: Steering wheel lock

The steering wheel is locked. It shows "service steering column and remove key for 10 seconds." I purchased a LMC5 to bypass, but I cannot get the steering column unlocked.

If you are going to install that bypass device, then you need to get their unlocked tool to be able to use it. If not then the column needs to be properly repaired. Also be aware that this bypass kit does not get rid of the service indication on the dash. If you want to fix the vehicle correctly, then you should have it done under the GM recall. Even at this age you should be able to get it covered for free at a GM dealership.