Q: 12 equinox 2.4 turns over a little bit when no start intermittently occurs 2nd try alwy works. replaced batt ,p062f ,p015a0

asked by on May 24, 2017

occurs intermittently sometimes after sitting overnight but also after a short drive and attempt to restart. check engine light comes on and goes off by itself without a discernable pattern. Emissions passed during one of periods that check engine light went off. While the car was in body shop sitting for 2 weeks it had codes p0135, p0036, p0141, p15a0, p062f after putting Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the tank only the last 2 codes po62f & p15a0 remain for past month. replaced with new AZ gold battery but did not remedy problem as engine light reappears sporadically as well as no start. After a 2 sec break from initial start, the car has always started right up. Sometimes there is a feel that the engine is stumbling or about to cut off and give it a bit of gas to maintain idle on 2nd successful attempt to start engine. Also hear what can describe as light backfire noise in tailpipe occasionally. Tried Lucas fuel additive with no success as well.

Code P062f relates to long-term ecm memory. If the battery and battery voltage are good, make sure the battery terminals and cables are clean and tight at all connections. The ecm may be sensing that voltage is incorrect. If the cables and connections are all good, clean, tight, and in good condition, the most likely cause may be an internal fault with the engine control unit. The other fault codes may simply be a result of this and not due to other faults - even though some of the other faults relate to the oxygen sensor heater circuits. Typically when multiple codes are present, they may all be related to one cause. Have a certified technician look into the fault codes and follow the proper diagnostic path to determine the exact fault. Odds are that if the electrical connections are all good, a new ecm will solve the issues.