Q: People say it's a hole in my muffler but I don't know.

People say my car sounds like it's a hole In my muffler but I don't know this is my first car I just want to know and If is can I get it fixed or do I have to get a new one

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Buick Regal. While some mufflers are able to be repaired, it is often times not a very permanent fix depending on the condition of the muffler and where the hole is. For an issue like this, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to diagnose your exhaust system to determine the cause of the sound and properly diagnose and repair.

3. People say it's a hole in my muffler but I don't know.