Q: Car will not crank. Has good batt and good starter. The shift indicated position and all fuses have been checked.

Car does not crank, has good battery and good starter. Checked all the fuses, noticed the shift indicated position is not there. Have code for lost communication. Can take test light and touch the signal wire and just make starter crank, then it will start on its own. If I set it out for about half an hour, then the same thing happens. No indication of gear, no gas gauge, and no crank. Any help would be great, thanks!

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be hap...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to offer my insight.

The codes for lost communication may have a lot to do with your no crank problem. The lost communication may be due to a loose connection or broken wire somewhere. Check the battery terminal connections to make sure they are clean and tight. A few more things should be checked, I recommend having a mechanic do it.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.