Q: How do i get the ignition cylinder back in the steering column?

im trying to change my ignition lock cylinder. i took the cylinder out of its casing and removed 2 tumblers before i realized i didnt need change the tumblers. when i put it back together it wouldnt turn back to its original position even when i pressed the pin that stops it from turning all the way around. now th cylinder and the slot in the steering column dont line up so it can go back in and the cylinder wont turn in its casing . it does move a little bit but it though.

A: When you went to put in the lock all you ha...

When you went to put in the lock all you had to do was turn the lock cylinder to the key on position, then the pin would push in and slide it into the column. Once that is done, you turn the key back to lock it in.

You may have over extended the lock cylinder and bent some key tumblers. If so, you may have to replace the lock you just bought if you cannot get it to turn back and forth. The inside column piece should be in ignition "On" position in order to line up with the new lock cylinder. You can put in a screw driver and move it to the needed position. Call a mechanic or locksmith if you still have issues.

Feel free to contact a certified mechanic if you need some assistance with this. They can help you replace your ignition lock cylinder and ensure that everything is in working order.