Q: Clutch slave cylinder

asked by on October 10, 2016

Leaking oil by the clutch. How far can we go? What damage can be done?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your slave cylinder is leaking in this vehicle, I would not recommend driving it at all. It is very likely that within just a few applications of the clutch, you could lose all of the fluid in the slave cylinder. I would recommend having your slave cylinder inspected by a qualified technician to determine the source of the fluid leak. Once the source of the leak has been determined the repair should be performed then. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect this leak for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.