Q: I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 4x4 and I have to be pressing the gas to keep the engine from stalling.

asked by on March 09, 2017

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 4x4 and I have to be pressing the gas pedal if not the truck will turn off, the truck loses power and shuts off I have to be accelerating in order for the truck to stay on I was told it might be the heads, but not really sure

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check the coil packs and see if they are producing the voltage needed to keep the engine running. If the voltage is too low, then the coil packs may need replaced. If you have an inline fuel filter, I suggest replacing it as the fuel system could be reduced in pressure causing the engine to lag in fuel to the injectors when the engine is throttled. Also, there could be a vacuum leak on the intake or on the vacuum booster. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.