Q: Car stalling due to security system

The security system is causing my car to stall while starting.

A: Your car is equipped with a security system...

Your car is equipped with a security system that turns off the fuel system if it detects that the car is being stolen. This can be caused by a key, the key sensor, or the antitheft module. The most common cause of this is a passlock sensor for the key. There are procedures that can be done to try and reset the system, but the issue needs to be detected first. A computer scan tool can be used if it can communicate with this module to see what it is seeing. I would also try a spare key if you have one. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine why your vehicle is stalling.