Q: How hard is it to replace the EGR valve on my 2000 Ford Focus

I need to know the easiest way to replace the valve, if its bolted to the manifold or not and if replacing the manifold will allow me to skip unbolting the old valve because the bolts on the old valve are very stuck.

Hi there. If the bolts to the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve are frozen in place by rust, you could put a small blow torch to the bolts and get them cherry red and then try to remove them. If the bolts will not budge or if the break, then I would recommend replacing the EGR valve and exhaust manifold together. If you need further assistance with replacing your EGR valve, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. The EGR valve can be removed from the manifold and replaced. If the bolts are stuck it is quite possible that they have seized. If you are going to change the manifold out then I would replace the EGR valve at the same time and if you cannot remove the old bolts then you need to replace them. I would get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [replace the EGR valve] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/exhaust-gas-recirculation-egr-valve-replacement

3. How hard is it to replace the EGR valve on my 2000 Ford Focus