Q: Car keeps stalling - 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox, the moment you let off the gas the car stalls even if you are driving. NO codes come up via the diagnostics. Both knock sensors have been replaced. Oil is good, new air filters. The only thing I can think of at this point is cam sensors. Like I have built show cars and can not figure this damn equinox out!! I paid $7000.00 cash for it a few weeks ago off a private seller and it has been nothing but a headache.

A: Hey there. This may be a sign of a failing ...

Hey there. This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. The sensor is usually located on the throttle plate so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle.

The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. If you would like to confirm the problem, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem and replace the throttle position sensor if necessary.