Q: My car dashboard will not light up

asked by on October 25, 2016

The dashboard will illuminate for a couple seconds and then not come back on.

This usually means that there is a short in the circuit board for the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster has a circuit board in it that houses the lights for the instrument cluster. The computer sends information to the circuit board so that the gauges and lights come on and show the proper information.

If the circuit board has a short or if it just stopped working, it will cause the problem you have. It is recommended that you get the instrument cluster replaced by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.