Q: New key for my truck won't work

The key on my truck recently broke. I had a new key made at the dealership, but now I cannot start the truck because of the transponder. The new key won't override the theft deterrent system. I tried removing the system fuse, but that's also the ignition fuse. I cannot cycle the ignition because the old key won't turn over. I can't attach the new key to the old one because the transponders won't work when they are near each other. Any ideas what to do about this?

You will have to have the dealer reprogram the new key and transponder for it to work with your truck. The dealer will have the special scanner to do the programming. This is typical for most vehicles that have lost the original key and need a replacement key transponder. If you want a second opinion on this, feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can diagnose your ignition system firsthand.

3. New key for my truck won't work