Q: 1987 Ford class c Winnebago Minnie motorhome auxiliary generator information

I have recently purchased a 1987 Ford Winnebago Minnie from a private owner. I am having problems with getting the auxiliary generator to work. Whats it fuel source? What should i do? Any and all information on the generator would be helpful. Thanks

The generator for that vehicle was not documented in the Winnebago Owner’s Manual (there is reference to a supplementary generator manual). It is probably gasoline powered which means that if the fuel is more than a couple months old, that circumstance alone will make the generator motor difficult or impossible to start. First, see if there is a spark at the spark plug(s). If there is a spark, drain the fuel tank and add back fresh gas. If the motor won’t start at that point, the carburetor is probably plugged with gum and varnish. The carburetor can be rebuilt but new carburetors are probably available and buying a new one may be less costly, and more reliable, than re-building the old one. Due to the age of the motor/generator, another option is to refit an entirely new unit within the existing space. As you can imagine, retrofits are possible and that would be an elegant solution. If at any stage you need assistance, just request a no start diagnostic - generator motor and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 1987 Ford class c Winnebago Minnie motorhome auxiliary generator information