Q: AstroStart 2524 just beeps trying to start engine. Lock and unlock work fine.

asked by on December 13, 2016

I have an astrostart hst2524. Lock and unlock work fine. The start up just blinks till let go. Remote start is on, new batteries, trunk and hood are closed, Please help have children in negative degree weather.

Hi there. First check the starter wire, it is tan / light blue located at the ignition harness. Usually during installation of the remote start system this wire is cut leaving you with two ends. One wire is coming from the ignition switch the other is going to the starter. Check your immobilizer bypass module and see if it’s disconnected. This will lock out the ignition circuit keeping the engine from starting. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting after installing the AstroStart 2524, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.