Q: Why would my speedometer drop to 0 in my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

I own a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Automatic 2.7 v6, 176k mi. Recently, maybe within the past 4 mos., I noticed that my Speedometer would drop to 0 while driving, on the highway, as well as on side streets. Last month I had the Motor mounts and the Transmission mount replaced (The dropped speed happened before the mounts were replaced). The Check Engine light has not come on so far. I do not drive the car much since I’ve been working from home for the past few years, so it sits days and weeks at a time before I drive it. The car seems to Idle a little high around 1k rpm and drives at around 3500+ rpm. The car seems to jolt a bit hard when getting into another gear.
*What do you think could be the cause of that happening?
*And what ball park estimate can I expect? *And can you provide me some tips/concerns for me to discuss/ask with the mechanic?

Hello. Typically when the speedometer just stops working like that it is due to a failure in the vehicle speed sensor. If the sensor is failing or if it is making a poor connection then the speedometer will act like this. It can also be the speedometer itself, but that is not as common. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the speedometer stops working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/speedometer-is-not-working-inspection

3. Why would my speedometer drop to 0 in my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe