Q: Car overheating because of bad thermostat

I believe that the thermostat in my car has gone bad. My car overheats, but there is no loss of coolant. I had the system checked for leaks, and there are none. The water pump and radiator are fairly new, and one of the hoses going to the radiator is getting hot, while the other stays cool. Other than the thermostat, the only other thing that I think could be not working properly are the fans.

It sounds as though the thermostat is stuck closed; the fans may not come on until the flow is restored. They would need to be tested after the thermostat is replaced. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run an inspection on your overheating issue in order to identify and quote the repairs needed.