Q: What does it mean when the eps light won't go off in your car?

asked by on October 10, 2017

My EPS light has been on for awhile, what does that mean?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the EPS light is always on, it means the vehicle’s computer is reporting a fault in the electronic power steering system. A mechanic can download the trouble codes from the computer that have caused the alert, and then follow up on the codes with an actual system diagnostic to pinpoint, and thence resolve, the fault. Faults in electronic power steering systems can vary a lot: you could have a wiring fault, excess current draw, a problem with the controller, and so forth. The downloadable codes will narrow the diagnostic though. To get this resolved, just request a warning light diagnostic - EPS system and the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.