Q: Clicking under car when accelerating

When accelerating, I can hear a clicking ( not ticking like what you would hear with low oil, but more like a metal object stuck in a bike tire spoke) and it gets louder and faster as I accelerate and stops if I let off of the pedal. It does it from starting to drive and still after a while of driving. It sounds like it is either coming from center below gear shift or center below front axle. I need to replace my CV axles I know, as it makes a chunking kind of sounds as I turn right or left after driving for more than 15 or so minutes. Could this new noise be coming from the same issue or do i possibly have a new one?

The sound you’re describing sounds a lot like an issue with your wheel bearings. This type of damage is very common on Outbacks, especially if you enjoy light off-road driving in the mountains or hills.

You indicated that you need to replace the CV joints, so while you are doing this, it would be a great opportunity for you to replace the wheel bearings on your Subaru Outback as well. However, before you spend the money on the repairs, it might be a good idea to have a local ASE certified mechanic complete a road test to diagnose the clicking sound and any other issues that might exist with your Subaru. This would allow the mechanic to make all the replacements at the same time, saving you time and money.