Q: Oil light is on and my car won't turn over

I was driving and my car overheated and died. When I filled it wit coolant and went to start it the oil light remained on and it wouldn't turn over. I checked all fluid levels and nothing is leaking and everything is full.

The issue your having is going to depend on the details of what happened when it overheated. If you were running the vehicle without any coolant, the engine could have reached 280°. When a vehicle reaches this extreme or hotter, the engine is considered "blown" or destroyed. Aluminum heads can melt, pistons can warp, electrical and plastic connections get superheated and become damaged, and many other failures can and will occur. If these damages occur, you can lose spark or gas delivery to the engine. You can also lose compression. Change your oil. Oil plays a huge role in cleaning and cooling your engine. If your oil is not clean, or is foamy, you need new oil and a filter. If you really overheated the engine and did major damage, you may not ever get that engine to run again. You should have your vehicle inspected by a certified technician to eveluate if it can be repaired. If you would like, a professional from YourMechanic will be able to complete this inspection, and assess the overheating damage.