Q: Engine has spark and fuel but not starting.

Just put the engine back together and lined up all the timing marks when we try to start it it doesn't start. When I hold down the gas the engine chugs but does not start. I checked it has both spark and has fuel and the camshaft sensor seems to be working. What else could the problem be?

Hi there. Check the fuel pump to see if its humming when you turn on the ignition. If the pump is not humming, then check the fuel pump relay and see if the relay is clicking on or not. If the relay is clicking on, then there is an issue with the fuel pump or the circuit from the relay to the fuel pump. If the relay is not clicking, then either the relay has failed or the circuit from the relay to the ignition switch has an issue.

If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine has spark and fuel but not starting.