Q: Car drives for about a mile then the clutch pedal starts sticking to the floor for a couple seconds before popping back out. What

Clutch pedal sticking before release

The clutch pedal is only a lever that pushes the clutch hydraulic master cylinder in an effort to produce a pressure to the clutch slave cylinder that pushes in the clutch. First check the clutch fluid level and see if it is low indicating a leak and fix as needed.

The pedal should come up with your foot or it is binding in the clutch master cylinder or the clutch lever is binding. You will need to operate the pedal by hand with the vehicle engine turned off. When pushing in and letting off the pedal, see if you can see what is binding. The pedal may need to be disconnected from the master cylinder to see if it still binds or it is the master cylinder. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, pinpoint the cause of your clutch issue and replace your clutch master cylinder if necessary.

3. Car drives for about a mile then the clutch pedal starts sticking to the floor for a couple seconds before popping back out. What