Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1rsb4bsjs:173:8

Q: when i turn key it starts then when i let off it cuts off

When I turn key it starts then as long as I hold the key n a certain place it will stay running but when i let the key go it shuts off

A: This is most commonly the ignition switch e...

This is most commonly the ignition switch electrical. It is an important distinction to make. There is the "electrical ignition switch" and the "ignition lock cylinder" that the key inserts. It is very common for Honda's to exhibit this symptom. The ignition switch gears wear or break, causing the correct electrical contacts to move their position resulting in you needing to hold the key in an awkward place.

The ignition switch electrical is mounted on the opposite side of the steering column as the ignition lock cylinder. If you were to draw a line straight through the lock cylinder, along the same plane as the key, you will find it. It is attached to the lock cylinder housing which the lock cylinder is mounted in as well. You will need to remove the plastic column covers to access it. Once you have removed the covers, there will be two small screws or bolts holding the round ignition switch in place. The round switch will have several wires soldered to it.

It is not uncommon for the ignition lock cylinder to have problems as well. But the easiest place to begin looking is to remove the switch and see if it does the same thing when disconnected from the housing. You should be able to turn it with a flat head screw driver and it should click into a number of positions. The problem should be fairly obvious at this point, but if not, this is the time to remove the lock cylinder and look for signs of wear anywhere in the ignition housing and or lock cylinder, but the ignition switch is by far the most common failure for this symptom.

Good luck. I hope I have helped you. If you feel like these check are too overwhelming, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can help you diagnose this ignition problem firsthand to get your Accord starting again.