Q: Check Engine light comes on when cars RPMS go over 4000 error code P0344

My car seems to get a check engine light whenever the cars RPMs go above 4000. after the light comes on car goes into limp mode but after a restart it returns to normal. The light stays on but goes away after a day. I checked the car for a code and the one I am getting is P0344. Thank you for any help much appreciated

Hi there. This code is for a bad camshaft sensor. It can be caused by a bad sensor or it can come from another issue. I usually check the sensor first and then I check the timing belt. Most of the time this code is for a worn out timing belt. If the timing belt is fine then I check the crank sensor also as it can cause a camshaft sensor code if it is not reading correctly. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the trouble code firsthand and make the necessary repair.

3. Check Engine light comes on when cars RPMS go over 4000 error code P0344