Q: Check Engine light comes on when cars RPMS go over 4000 error code P0344

asked by on September 08, 2016

My car seems to get a check engine light whenever the cars RPMs go above 4000. after the light comes on car goes into limp mode but after a restart it returns to normal. The light stays on but goes away after a day. I checked the car for a code and the one I am getting is P0344. Thank you for any help much appreciated

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote
Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1284.62 Get a Quote
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.38 - $777.03 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This code is for a bad camshaft sensor. It can be caused by a bad sensor or it can come from another issue. I usually check the sensor first and then I check the timing belt. Most of the time this code is for a worn out timing belt. If the timing belt is fine then I check the crank sensor also as it can cause a camshaft sensor code if it is not reading correctly. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the trouble code firsthand and make the necessary repair.