Q: If I change one valve cover and gasket do I need to do the other?

asked by on November 18, 2016

If I change one valve cover and gasket do I need to do it to the other side as well?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $101.41 - $1171.46 Get a Quote

You do not have to change both valve cover gaskets at the same time. If you have an engine oil leak that is coming from both valve covers then it would be recommended that you have both valve cover gaskets replaced at the same time to stop oil leaks and prevent repeating work at a later time to do the other valve cover. If you feel you cannot do the work then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and perform the repairs to both valve covers.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr