Q: Shake when accelerating

My car shakes/vibrates only under acceleration and from 3rd gear and above, but as soon as I let go the gas it automatically stops shaking. No matter the speed it keeps shaking under acceleration only. The whole car vibrates but not the steering wheel or when braking, only when accelerating. It's been balanced and aligned several times, checked engine mounts, tires, rims, etc.

I've had this problem since the past 18 months and it is driving me crazy.

1st gear = normal, 2nd gear = slight shake, 3rd gear = extreme shake, 4th gear low rpm = strong shake, 4th gear high rpm = strong/slight shake, 5th gear = slight shake, 6th gear = slight shake.

As soon as I let go the gas, the vibration stops completely.

Please HELP!

Hi there:

Based on your input, there are a few items that you might want to have inspected by a professional mobile mechanic to determine what’s causing this shaking issue. First would be the tires and wheels for balance. Usually they will vibrate in the steering wheel progressively worse as you accelerate through the gears, typically starting to show up around 40 mph. Sometimes when you decelerate the vibration will slowly go away, but will still be there as you’ve indicated. Second, is possibly an issue with some front end suspension parts, including CV joints or tie rod ends. It’s highly unlikely that this issue is internal (meaning with the transmission or flywheel being out of balance), but that’s also something that a mechanic will keep in mind as they complete a car is vibrating or shaking inspection.

3. Shake when accelerating