Q: had power steering pump replaced but power steering fluid is leaking

asked by on November 14, 2016

had the power steering pump replaced in the jetta but there is power steering fluid leaking. add lucas power steering leak it help for a bit but leak seems to be getting worse.

Power steering fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This suggests that you may have a leak somewhere else in your power steering system such as one of the hoses or the rack and pinion system. As you may know, the power steering system is a highly pressurized system that can have as much as 300+psi of pressure in the system at times, so it is not uncommon for these types of leaks to happen. If you’d like to get this fixed, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the leak in your power steering system and make the the necessary repairs to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr