Q: How do I correctly position the floor mats?

How do I correctly position the floor mats?

A: Your car’s floor mats serve an important pu...

Your car’s floor mats serve an important purpose – they help preserve the carpet and floorboards. However, they need to be correctly positioned to ensure that they don’t become dangers while driving. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Make sure your driver and passenger front floor mats are locked to the hook in the floor.

2. Never drive with the floor mat loose, as it can slide under the pedals and make it hard to work the clutch, brake, and gas.

3. The rear floor mats should be laid flat on the floorboards.

Tips

• Never stack floor mats on top of one another.

• If you’re using aftermarket mats, make sure they’re sized to fit your Altima, and that they have an eye to work with the floorboard hook. Never use an aftermarket mat in the front if it doesn’t have an eye or can interfere with the proper operation of the gas or brake pedal.