Q: Battery light

so I replaced the alternator on my explorer or rather my neighbor did because the car went out one day that I was driving it. The battery light came on and there was a weird burning smell and then the car turned off in the middle of the road and wouldn't start. Someone helped me and jump started the car (I was a block away from home whenever the car died) and the I made it the last block but died shortly after. My neighbor said alternator so he charged me to change it. Three weeks after the serpentine belt shredded and I changed the belt. but then the bottom idler pulley totally was destroyed and I changed both top and bottom idler pulleys and the belt. but just now my wife told me that when she starts it it smells burnt and then the smell goes away but the battery light stayed on. the smell goes away but the battery light stayed on. Do you think it's due to belt tension issues??? and if so, Should I change the tensioner pulley or the tensioner??? or both??? please help. Thank you

You may want to check the voltage to the alternator. If you have a voltage regulator that i allowing the alternator to produce too much amperage, this may cause the alternator to produce too much amperage resulting in a burning smell as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.