Q: How will I know if it's my valve timing control? Will this mess with my vehicle wanting to start also?

My engine light came on..took to oreillys and popped wit codes for camshaft sensor and valve timing control ..someone told me could be timing chain ...but my vehicle is having issues wanting to start also..and the camshaft sensor was changed..and when car is idling it makes a noise ..

Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid Replacement $146.83 - $587.96 Get a Quote

Hi there. The valve timing controls are pressurized and operated electronically and engine oil pressure. First perform an oil change with a new filter to ensure a good clean engine. If the timing is still not right and the engine is still not starting, then I recommend replacing the valve timing solenoids on the engine. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr