Q: TPMS Service light

My wife had the tires rotated. After leaving service station, the service TPMS light came on. Is this something caused by the mechanic? We have Onstar and they were able to give the tire pressure on the left front tire but it does not show up on the vehicle monitor.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The vehicle is having issues recognizing the tires that were switched. These monitoring systems can be sensitive to changes and the smallest of damages. Chances are they just need to be reset. A technician should be able to do it for you. If you would like to try and do it from home, look to your owners manual for more information. Assuming there has been no damage, the tire rotation has simply confused the system and it needs to be reset.

3. TPMS Service light