Q: i have a 2006 ford fusion and the bushings are rubbing which is making a squeaking noise how urgent is it ?

my front controls arms are sqeaking very loudly and i wondering how serious it is and a round about price to get it fixed but only does it when i go slow over rough terrains

Any noise coming from the control arms or any part of the suspension should be addressed as soon as possible. The control arms typically mount to the spindle with a ball joint and to the engine / suspension cradle by rubber bushings. The bushings or the ball joints can be the source of the noise. While both are issues that should be addressed as soon as possible, if the ball joint is the source, it can quickly become a safety concern. Ball joints are filled with grease when new. Most new vehicles do not have suspension components that are serviceable - the "lube" in lube, oil, and filter - that we did on older cars. The components have no grease fittings to add grease during routine services. As they age, the grease wears away and the metal internals of the ball joint start grinding together. This can cause a squeaking or creaking sound. That’s the sound of the joint grinding itself apart. Left uncorrected for too long and the ball joint can actually break, causing loss of control of the vehicle as the wheel hub will detach, taking the wheel with it. Once these components are making noise, it’s time to replace. They have already worn to the point of creating noise. There’s really no guide to say that they will go XX days, months, or miles further before they fail. Have a certified technician look into the suspension noises as soon as possible to find the exact cause.

3. i have a 2006 ford fusion and the bushings are rubbing which is making a squeaking noise how urgent is it ?