Q: Gear shifter stuck.

The gear shift of my car is stuck in park.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I have seen this before. Dodge has a safety device that keeps the shifter from being moved into lets say "Drive" if the brakes are not applied. If this electronic lock fails, the shifter will not be released and will not come out of Park. Things like the mechanism failing, the switch at the brake pedal failing, sticky drinks falling through the console into the shifter area and getting it stuck are all things that can all cause your issue. Since the car cant drive, I suggest giving YourMechanic a call. A technician will be able to diagnose the issue and get you back on the road.