Q: Transmission is slipping

When I stop on a bump and start again my car just start jumpy as the RPM goes higher it goes less jumpy only when the RPM is lower than 2 it gets jumpy in any gear!! Another thing when moving in 1st gear my car start to shake too!! Hope you can help!!

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some sort of issues with the transmission or clutch. If it is a manual transmission and appears to be having trouble staying in gear, or transferring power to the wheels it may be possible that there is a problem with the clutch disc or pressure plate that is causing the transmission to slip. This may be what is causing the shaking and slipping at lower rpm, where engine torque is higher, and more force is required to transfer power. If the issue appears to be getting worse as time goes on then it may be possible that the clutch needs to be replaced, or the system serviced. This would require removal of the transmission to access the components. If it does not appear that the issue is clutch related it could also be possible that there is some sort of engine management issues that is causing your symptoms. A fault within the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems can cause the vehicle to produce symptoms such as shaking, misfires, and poor performance. The same can also be caused by internal transmission faults, such as worn or damaged gears. As the possibilities could vary, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your issues.